Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thankful

So the past week or so have been a little rough.  Vulnerablity can be scary being honest with yourself and others can lead to doubt, fear and regret.  I'm reminded again tonight that we must always have thankful heart. No matter where you are in your life- there is always something to be thankful for.   That’s what will keep you going in the midst of your ‘bad day’s.'

So I find it fitting to dedicate this blog about what my heart is THANKFUL for.


1.  I'm thankful for God. He shows me everyday how wonderful my life is with Him.... If there's anything in this life that I'm eternally grateful for, it's that I am one of God's children, and I get to live my life as a glorification of Him. He is wonderful, and loving me more than I can handle. Everything I am, I am because of God.

2.  I'm thankful for love.

3.  I'm thankful for my dad.  Although my time with him on this earth was super short I cherish everything he taught me. I sure do miss him.

4.  I'm thankful I was adopted, even though my journey has been rough..... I wouldn't change it for anything.

5.  I'm thankful for ALL my second Mom‘s and Dad’s, who taught me how to love and be loved!

6.  I'm thankful for true friends in my life that strengthen and call me up to higher place of love, courage, & peace.  Friends who help me realize who I am, who push me. Who love me when I’m loveable and most importantly when I’m not loveable.  Your hugs and support, and willingness to be a part of me, will never be taken for granted. Thank you. For everything you do. You are my family and I love you Big.

7.  I'm thankful for "NEW FRIENDS" that the Lord has recently blessed me with, I know that they will be a part of my true friend statement in only a matter of time.

8.  I'm thankful for all the wrong ones. All the wrong relationships, friendships, and even minor connections made with all the wrong people in my life allow me to be able to appreciate all the right ones. You all have helped shape me, and by testing me, have made me a better person. You give me the freedom to be a stronger person.... I'm sure there are more of you waiting around the corner, so to those: I can't wait to meet you.

9.  I'm thankful for blessings. They continue to come my way.

10.  I'm thankful for hardships. For not knowing everything.  For being humbled, day-by-day.  And still being able to hold on, because I can have faith enough to pull me through anything.


11.  I'm thankful for slow drivers when I'm running late. For strangers who loudly speak Spanish in public. For aggressive people who push their way through crowds. For disgustingly wet public restrooms. And most of all,for food smackers. I don't like any of you, but I'm still thankful...

12.  I'm thankful for all of the shallow things in my life, like goodwilling, pedicures, text messages, dramatic tv shows (NETFLIX), and sno cone stands and cheese balls. Oh yes, how I love a well made cheese balls.

13.  I'm thankful for ALL my nieces. They SERIOUSLY melt my heart in BIG BIG WAY and I love being a part of their lives.   They bring such sweet joy to my life.

14.  I'm thankful for good taste. If it wasn't for the amazing-ness of Johnny Cash, Patty Griffin, Chicago, the Oldies, Dolly Parton, Sugarland, Patsy Cline, Barbara Streisand, Kari Jobe, Kim walker, Barlowgirls, the Frozen Soundtrack and soooo much more great music I listen to, I wouldn't love life as much as I do. Without music there would be no sappy love songs.... And I don't want to live in a world where love and love songs don't exist. And I can’t forget the HAPPY SONG a song I hated at first but now it always brings a smile to my face.


So there you have it, a list of things I'm currently thanking. There are more things, for sure, but for now I'm going to take some time for reading in bed, listening to the quietness that surrounds me of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment