Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

All About Lyndsey

My name is Lyndsey, I live in Southern Florida and I am absolutely in love with cooking! I happen to be a nurse and a health nut, so I enjoy tweaking recipes to make them healthy and YUMMY!

One of the reasons that I wanted to share my stories with everyone is to show others that it can be exciting to eat healthy! All of my life I have struggled with Stage IV endometriosis. I have altered my diet to be a mix of gluten-free, paleo, low carb, anti-inflammatory, and all those other diets in order to help alleviate some of my symptoms. Endometriosis tends to cause a lot of nausea and other unpleasant GI symptoms which I am sure no one needs to hear about today! So cutting out breads and pasta has been a life saver - and does wonders on the waist line!

I do not eat breads, pastas, or any other type of bread like carbohydrates. I also stay away from processed sugars and limit myself to natural sweeteners such as honey or Truvia. I eat plenty of chicken, fish, pork, beef, and bison. Veggies are a MUST and fruit is my natural sweet treat! Quinoa is a great alternative to rice, and packed full of protein.

We (Frances and I) love trying new recipes, especially since Pinterest came around. So follow our recipe adventures and we will let you know which ones are keepers and which ones are epic fails! Just to warn you I am not a big fan of measuring - so keep in mind I may just generalize when I give a measuring unit!

No comments:

Post a Comment