Search This Blog

Monday, March 3, 2014

A NEW WEEK. A FRESH START. A CLEAN SLATE. mixed with a good dose of YUMMY


A NEW WEEK. A FRESH START. A CLEAN SLATE.  I remember back in the day I always used the excuse, “I’ll start my diet on Monday”.  You guessed it Monday would come around and I would already convince myself as to why ‘Monday” was not a good day to start.  So a cycle of never meeting my goals came into major play.  I truly believe that most of our battle with anything is in our mind.   "We tend to move in the direction of our focus." I can tell you this past week my focus has not been there. I could make tons of excuses, it’s cold, winter is getting to me, I just don’t feel like it, I’m to tired….. The list could seriously go on and on.  If you want to achieve your goals it takes work and commitment.  And if you mess up.... you regroup and start again. Don't allow guilt to win.




So as we start our week, ask yourself this question:
1.  What direction are you pointed? (I start my day with listing five things I am thankful for to make sure my mind is where it needs to be) (I also listen to sermons and TedTalks)
2.  Where is your focus?
3.   Is it pushing you towards something greater or is it holdings you back, keeping you from being your best version of yourself?

Let's attack each day with intensity and being intentional! In all our roles and goals! 

Tip:  To ensure I eat healthy during the week and have plenty of choices I choose to do all my cooking on Sunday. I pack lunch for the whole week at work but allow myself one day to eat out if I would like. This ensures I have plenty of choices, I save money and I always have leftovers for dinner. Below is a recipe I made for the week!


Cheesy Chicken and Wild Rice (Cauliflower) Casserole
8-10 servings
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I used spray Olive Oil)
1 medium onion, finely diced
3 stalks celery, finely diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic
2 Cups shredded, cooked chicken breast
2 Cups steamed white rice (Instead of using rice I chose to use rice Cauliflower)
16 oz prepared wild rice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
HOW TO RICE CAULIFLOWER: 1 head of cauliflower. I cut my cauliflower up and put it in a microwave safe bowl with a little water. I cooked it for about ten minuetes. I then transferred the cauliflower to my NINJA Blender (or you can use a food processor) and pulsed it untl it was the texture of rice, dont blend to long)
CHEESE SAUCE
4 Tablespoons butter (I used olive oil butter)
1/4 Cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 Cups chicken broth
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used reduced fat colby jack)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat oil into a medium dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute onion, celery and carrots until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in chicken, both rices, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Reduce heat to low.
2. To prepare cheese sauce melt butter into a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Whisk in flour, salt and pepper then slowly pour in chicken broth whisking continuously. Whisk until thick and nearly boiling then stir in cheese until melted. Pour cheese sauce into cooked rice mixture then transfer to a 9×13 inch baking dish. Top with additional cheddar cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted through. Serve.


I cut mine into six servings and it was 6 WW points.
I got this recipe off http://picky-palate.com/2010/09/13/cheesy-chicken-and-wild-rice-casserole/

No comments:

Post a Comment