Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Mindset

How do you start each day? Each morning when I drive to work I try to listen to a Podcast to help get my mind ready to have a great day. I also love music so I have a few songs that helps put a 'pep in my step' and get me in mood to tackle whatever may be thrown my way. (Don’t worry I have to constantly tackle my thoughts and whether or not I let things get to me or not).

Podcast:
Pastor Brady Body
Christine Caine
 Pastor Casey Treat 

Songs (of the week, it changes quite often) :
Happy by Pharrell
Beautiful Ending by Barlowgirl
The Blues Have Been Blown Away by Connie Britton and the Stella Sister’s.
Let it Go by Idina Menzel

Each Monday I send my goals to my accountability friend. Could be anything from weight loss to my own personal things I want to accomplish, could be something I’m working on from the inside or something more tangible like “clean out my closet”.  So this week I came up with a few things that I am trying to implement each day. My goal is not only to lose weight and keep it off but to be the best version of myself and to never stop growing as a person. To be the best “ME” I can be.  Did you know if you daily strive to be the best you, you help others be the best them.

So here are few things that I have been trying to implement into each day:

1.  Perspective.  (Remember it changes everything in a moment of crazy and emotions and WORRY!) To focus on what can be done in that moment, don't let my mind wander to the worst case scenario.

2.  TJ's" (tiny joys)  LOOK for them. What are Tiny Joys or God Moments I also like to call them?  (Something that brings you into to the moment, make you feel a sense of satisfaction and joy, look for something small — Especially in moments where you are challenged and self doubt comes in!)

3.  Regroup. (When frustration try's to creep:  to stop, take a deep breath, count to ten, list things I’m thankful for….. whatever I need to do)  Then start again.

4.  Confidence.  BELIEVE in myself and each role that I will partake in that day! “You have a specific purpose, a calling that only you are qualified to fulfill.”  To not second guess myself.

5. And since I am OBSESSED with FROZEN the soundtrack, the movie pretty much every part.   In the words of Elsa. LET it go!  Each night let go of the things that I can't control and that are holding me back. And look at it fresh in the morning!


My RECIPE for week is this.

OLIVE GARDEN inspired MINESTRONE SOUP

Ingredients
2 Tbsp olive oil (I used spray Olive Oil)
1 small onion, chopped 
1/4 cup zucchini, chopped 
1/2 cup frozen cut green beans 
1/4 cup celery
2 cloves garlic minced 
4 cups vegetable broth 
1 (15 oz) can red kidney beans, drained 
1 (15 oz) can small white beans, drained 
1/2 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes 
1/2 cup carrots, julienned 
2 Tbsp fresh parsley minced 
1 tsp. dried oregano 
1 tsp. salt 
1/2 tsp. black pepper 
1/2 tsp. dried basil 
1/4 tsp. dried thyme 
1 1/2 cups hot water 
3 cups fresh baby spinach 
1/3 cup small pasta shells

Instructions
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over medium heat and saute onion, celery, garlic, zucchini and green beans, about 5 minutes. Then add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, beans, carrot, hot water and spices. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat, allowing soup to simmer for about 20 minutes. Add baby spinach leaves and pasta, cooking an additional 20 minutes, then serve. Enjoy!

Tidbit: I did play around with the spices and added to my taste preference)

Nutritional Information
Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups • Calories: 190 • Fat: 4 g • Carbs: 30.4 g • Fiber: 9 g • Protein: 8.9 g • WW Points+: 4 pts - See more at: http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/2012/12/olive-garden-inspired-minestrone-soup.html#sthash.piCKUN8L.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment