Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Calm in the Midst of Chaos


Today I woke up and felt kind of defeated and broken. I felt unmotivated because of the actions of others. I always tell myself I am not responsible for the actions of others, but I am responsible for my reactions to others. So this morning I turned to my little book of positive thoughts for a little pick me up...and started my day with this:

It is the nature of the mind to constantly change. You should learn how to surf on the waves of the mind, rather than being tossed and beaten by them. Always affirm that you are not going to be a slave of the mind; you are going to be the master. Exercise your mastery. If something terrible comes, and you think - I can't stand it another minute - stand still. If you just hold on a little longer, it passes. Sometimes white clouds come, sometimes black clouds come. Don't give up. When a restless cloud passes, you can be peaceful again. If you give up and run somewhere else, there will be a difficult situation to face there too. Wherever you go, your mind goes with you. If you can keep control over the mind, wherever you go you will be in peace.

 "Determination gives you the resolve to keep going in spite of the roadblocks that lay before you."
 So be responsible for your reactions. Do not let those black clouds affect you in a negative way. Turn them into a learning opportunity, an opportunity for growth. Be true to yourself, do the right thing, be you, be honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment