Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Turning 30!

In a few months I will be turning the big 3-0. I have never really worried about getting old, birthdays or anything of that nature. It's all about being happy in the moment!!

This was sent to my email today:

30 Health Choices All Women Should Make By Age 30

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/healthy-lifestyle-over-30

Some highlights:

FIND A WORKOUT THAT YOU ACTUALLY ENJOY. That's what it should be about right? Whatever you pick, make sure it is something you love doing, for two reasons: one because just going will make you happy and  working out should be a positive experience!

DRINK ONLY IN MODERATION. I mean how hard is it to recover from a night of binge drinking the older you get?! It's annoying sure but it's your body telling you that you are putting it through something it isn't equipped to handle anymore.

LOVE YOUR BODY. It's yours after all, so love it. Learn to appreciate it. Instead of focusing on all the things you dislike about your shape, hair, teeth, eyes, voice, etc. - point out to yourself in the mirror things that you are GRATEFUL for!

SCHEDULE FRIEND DATES. I love this. I would be lost without my ladies. I find this especially true after moving to Miami and having no girlfriends! I miss the Thursday night dinners, the Sunday breakfasts, or the occasion evening where we dressed up and put on some heels! But it's the therapeutic talks that I miss the most, the part that is good for your soul - your emotional health!

DITCH THE FOOD GUILT. Enough said. Don't make food a punishment or a reward.

DISCONNECT REGULARLY. Funny because here I am sitting at a restaurant waiting for someone, and blogging on my iPad, with my wireless Jetpack, and my iPhone. Sad I know. But devoting time to enjoying people and not devices is so important.

So digest all that for a bit. I am going to disconnect and enjoy my company since they finally have arrived for dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment