Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

No More Excuses


Today I decided to make a Goals/Excuses wall on the back of my office door. I am going to post all of my common excuses - and once they are up there - I CANNOT use them anymore. It really forces me to look at the reasons WHY I am not meeting my goals. So my first excuse that went on the wall "I Don't Know" - and really when you think about it - it's a LAME excuse. Also the famous, "I don't have time." - there is always something that I can give up - like watching TV, or I can get up 15 minutes earlier to fit something important into my day. Now I find myself being able to list several excuses I want to give up. But what about my goals for this year? Professionally? Personally? In my relationship? In my friendships? In my family? My health? I want to put some serious thought into this. Like Frances always says - IT'S ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY! When I shut my door to my office, I will have to look at those goals and remind myself they are attainable.


No comments:

Post a Comment