Search This Blog

Monday, February 24, 2014

Galentine's Day Party

Saturday I hosted a "Galentine's Day" brunch at my house.  What is "Galentine's Day"? It's a day to celebrate your girlfriends (I had about six girls that were missing but next year its on). (Thank's Parks and Recreation, Leslie Knope. If you have not seen that episode download and watch) 


Most of what we'll ever know about love, we'll learn from our girlfriends. My girlfriends are the best.  My message to each of you that hold a close place in heart is this, "You are so LOVED, so SPECIAL, so UNIQUE, and each of you bring so much not only to my life BUT to this world we live. I can't even put into words how thankful I am for each and every one of you. You have tagged my heart. We've traveled the world, in real life and our imagination (texas forever), we've laughed until our stomachs hurt, we have cried until our heads hurt, you've seen my best and my worst and vice versa. Each of you are so beautiful inside and out. Did you know they say if you are friends with someone for seven years it will last a lifetime...... most of us are there already and the rest of you well, we are on our way.   People can say you can tell a lot about a person by looking at who they surround themselves with, and I am PROUD and so BLESSED to say that Im glad you're part of my team"!!!



OVERNIGHT BLUEBERRY FRENCH TOAST
Found recipe on: Real Mom Kitchen
Serves 8-10
(I'm sure you can make this healthier BUT for the party I did not)





French Toast:

12 slices bread, cut into cubes (french or Texas toast work well.  I prefer Texas Toast.)
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut in cubes
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
12 large eggs
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 cups milk

Syrup:

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1 Tablespoon butter 


Arrange 1/2 of the bread cubes in a greased 9 x 13 pan.Sprinkle cream cheese cubes and blueberries evenly over the bread cubes.Top with remaining bread cubes. Mix together eggs, milk, and syrup.Pour over bread cubes and cover pan with foil. Let chill in refrigerator overnight.  Bake covered with foil at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until fluffy and golden. Top with sauce.  Sauce: Cook water, sugar, and cornstarch until thickened. Stir in blueberries and simmer for 10 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Serve over the french toast.

Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment