Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

All About Frances

July 2013 to January 2014
Hello world, I’m Frances. I am a 36 year old daughter, granddaughter, sister, niece, aunt to many cuties (real and adopted, love my girls), love God, caretaker, friend, helper, words of affirmation is my love language (so I love to encourage), a weight watcher's girl, a girl who loves to laugh and make others laugh, make up lover, Netflix addict, Meryl Streep (enough said), thrift stores extraordinaire,  Julia Child/Rachel Ray/Pioneer Woman wanna be with my own twist, writing to you from Indianapolis, Indiana while sharing a blog with a girl (Lyndsey) from Miami, Flordia.

A love a cooking and finding recipes that are fun, creative and challenging have been a major part of my story with A LOT of self discovery.  Being overweight has been such a roller coaster ride for me all my life. I was the girl who never felt pretty enough or good enough, and it didn't help being told that all my life either.  BUT here's the thing, I have recently discovered that my journey is my own and no one else. I have the choice to rise above or continue to stay where I am at.  I can finally say although I have not arrived, I have lost a total of 60 pounds this last year.I am an emotional eater and I defiantly am know for eating my feelings. I always wished I was the other way, you know those people who are like 'I'm so sad, I just don't have an appetite".  Nope, that's not me. I think I finally got my head in the game. (don't worry, I still have my bad days, which leads me to my next point). Accountability!!! It is HUGE and  has also played such a huge role in my journey.    Its about finding that right person (s) (iron sharpens iron) (I have had mine for about 8 months). This person will be someone who loves you no matter, challenges you to grow not just physically but mentally, encourages you when you need it, give you that push you need to make it through a bad day, slap you back into reality and say it's ok, regroup and try again,  and to just pause and listen without judgement. Whoever your person is, choose wisely, and be open to learn from them and never take offense. (Thanks Elby XOXO!)

Here are some resources that have helped me along the way : Books: Reshaping it all by Candance Cameron Bure and Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst, Websites: dashingdish.com, eat-yourself-skinny.com,  skinnytaste and who can forget PINTERST.
This is my 2014 "PASSION" and "Goal" board

So while continuing on my journey of self discovery and truly loving myself which in return will me love others better, I'm definitely heading in the right direction and I hope you join us (Lyndsey and I) while we concoct some fabulous recipes, share some tips and mix it with some encouragement and love. Remember you are not alone!






No comments:

Post a Comment